Tuesday, February 24, 2009

O.M.G.

I've been MIA - and I might be the rest of this week pretty much, too.

Yesterday was the kick off of hell week for me - aka the final week before the play opens. I direct plays, by the way - my high school is doing All Shook Up this coming weekend.

So get this. We're at Bridget's house on Saturday for birthday #1 (Emily, my beautiful God daughter). It was girls - only, and in Green Bay, so Chuck and Charlie busied themselves elsewhere. They come to pick us up... we go to leave, and the Blazer is dead. DEAD. D.E.A.D!!!!!!

We had to get it towed to the nearest dealership and get a rental car. And of course it was Saturday, so they couldn't look at it until yesterday. The fuel pump died which is *only* $1000 . Like we can afford that now. And when we asked about trade in... they'd only GIVE us $1000... and we owe $2000, so that's a no-go. So now we only have one vehicle, because we took back the rental because we also could not afford the $30 per day fee.

So anyways, finally, about 7th hour, I was about to start typing, complaining about all this, and the power went out in the city. THE POWER WENT OUT. IN THE CITY. And I thought I was screwed because I WAS HAVING REHEARSAL LAST NIGHT WHETHER IT KILLED ME... even if I had to have it in the commons until it got dark out and we couldn't see what we were doing. But luckily it came on a little after 3... BUT STILL. And I was here, at school, until after 9:30 last night.

Oh - so we're down to one car... so Chuck brought me to work this morning. And guess who forgot her coffee in the car.A nd I really, really, really need my coffee this morning, so I'm a little cranky.

So that's why I was MIA yesterday.

No comments: